500-600g pasta – those value bags of penne will come in especially handy for this one!
50g plain flour
250g strong cheddar, grated. You can also just buy grated cheese if you’re feeling lazy!
2 tins of tuna in spring water, drained. Tuna in brine is also okay, but avoid using tuna that comes in sunflower oil.
1 tin of sweetcorn, drained
Large handful chopped parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/fan 160C.
- Boil the pasta in salted water for 2 mins less than it says to do so on the packet.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, and gradually stir in the plain flour. Cook for 1 min, then gradually stir in the milk in order to make a thick white sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in most of the cheese, reserving a bit for the top.
- Drain the pasta, and mix in with the white sauce, the two tins of drained tuna, the one tin of drained sweetcorn and a large handful of parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a glass baking dish and top with the rest of the grated cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the cheese on top is golden brown. Enjoy!
This is a quick, easy, and affordable recipe that’s ideal for when you have friends coming over, or just when you want a simple meal for yourself.
Now you know how to cook with this tuna pasta bake recipe, you can spend some time finding your accommodation that you will live in when you get to Uni. Here at Studyflats, we can help. Check out the student accommodation which we have to offer in near your University.