1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
250g mushrooms, sliced (you can even buy them ready-chopped)
1 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
200g bag spinach, washed of course.
300g tub light soft cheese (this can be made vegan by using a vegan alternative)
4 tbsp grated parmesan
6 lasagne sheets (fresh will cook slightly quicker, but dried ones are cheaper)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the mushrooms and thyme, then cook for 3 mins until they start to soften.
- Throw in the spinach and stir until the heat of the pan wilts the leaves.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the soft cheese, 1 tbsp of the Parmesan and some salt and pepper to season it a bit.
- Put a quarter of the spinach mix on the bottom of a medium-sized baking dish, lay 2 pasta sheets on top, then keep layering it up until you have used all the pasta.
- Finish with the final quarter of the spinach mix, sprinkle over the rest of the Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 35 mins until golden and the pasta is tender.
This is a quick, easy, and affordable recipe that’s ideal for when you have friends coming over. Enjoy!
Now you know how to cook with this vegetarian lasagne recipe, you can spend some time finding your accommodation that you will live in when you get to Uni. Here at Studyflats, we can help. Check out the student accommodation which we have to offer in near your University.